Can't Find It - Search Wendy's For A Specific Recipe Here

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Low Calorie Pancake Recipe

When I am watching my weight, I am always on the lookout for recipes that won't affect my program or diet. About 25 years ago, I was given this recipe by a fellow weight watcher and although different to the usual pancake recipe, I have made these often and at least I know that they are perfectly legal to eat. I often grate an apple on top of them as I love the sweet slightly tarty flavour it gives.

INGREDIENTS:

1 slice bread
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
few drops vanilla essence
sweetener to taste - I use Splenda

METHOD:

Put bread in a blender and blend for a couple of seconds. Add other ingredients and blend together until you get a nice smooth mixture. Put in spoonfuls into hot non-stick pan and cook for a minute or two on one side, then turn over to do other side. Makes about 6 - 8 pancakes. Top with strawberries or other fruit.

No comments: