Can't Find It - Search Wendy's For A Specific Recipe Here

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lamb in Cider Recipe

I like to be a little adventuous sometimes in my cooking and am always looking out for new ideas. My family and friends have been a great source over the years and this recipe was made by one of my husbands english relatives. I had never used apple cider in my cooking so it was something we hadn't tried before. We loved it so I would like to share it with you.

INGREDIENTS:

1 leg of lamb
500 ml of good apple cider ( I use alcoholic but can use non alcoholic if preferred)
2 - 3 tablespoons honey
fresh rosemary
1 large leek
1 - 2 parsnips
1 - 2 large carrots

METHOD:

Preheat oven to 190C in a fan forced oven.
Place leg of lamb in a large baking dish that has been lined with alfoil.
Evenly spread the honey all over the lamb.
Put some small slits in the meat and place the rosemary sprigs in them.
Cut the parsnips, carrots and leek up and place beside the meat.
Pour the apple cider over meat and vegestables.
Tuck the alfoil all around the meat and vegetables and roast for approx 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally with the juices in pan.
Remove alfoil and continue to cook for another 20 - 25 mins then remove from pan.
Reserve the juices left in the pan to pour over the meat and veges for serving.
I like to roast some potatoes in a separate baking dish and steam some brussel sprouts to serve with it.

No comments: