Can't Find It - Search Wendy's For A Specific Recipe Here

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Porcupine Balls Recipe

I came across this in an old recipe file of mine and can only assume that I got it from my mother many years ago. I used to make these for my children when they were young and have to admit that I hadn't made them for a long time until just recently. They are so easy to make and everyone from children to adults will like them so I recommend them if you want something inexpensive and tasty to make.

INGREDIENT'S:

500g mince steak ( I use a good one)
1 brown onion - peeled and finely diced
1 clove garlic - crushed (can use bottled)
1/2 cup uncooked rice ( I use basmati)
1 large egg
fresh parsley - chopped
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs ( I use multigrain or wholemeal)
sea salt and black pepper to taste (optional)

Sauce:
1 large can good tomato soup
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
sea salt and black pepper to taste

METHOD:

Mix all ingredients together, using your hands.
Roll into balls about the size of walnuts and place into an ovenproof dish.
Pour sauce over the top and bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes.
Serve over the top of mashed potato and carrots and beans on the side.

No comments: