Can't Find It - Search Wendy's For A Specific Recipe Here

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Low Cholesterol Whipped Cream Recipe

I girl I know has a cholesterol problem and has asked me to look out for recipes that are suitable for this. I have been asking around and a friend gave me this great recipe. She calls it whipped cream but it is really ricotta cream.
I made this myself and have to admit that although not a lot like the real thing, it was delicious and something that you would certainly grow to love, instead of using real cream.
If you need to lower your cholesterol I recommend that you scout around as there are lots of lovely recipes out there. This has only 14 calories per serve, 0.4g sat fat and 28mg of cholesterol. When you compare that to using traditional cream, it is a big difference.

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese
sweetener to equal 2 teaspoons sugar (I use Splenda as it contains no aspartine)
1 teaspoon unflavoured gelatine
3 tablespoons non fat milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence

METHOD:

Blend the milk and gelatine together and stir over the top of a pan of boiling water.
Add other ingredients and mix until well combined.
Store in a covered bowl in the refrigerator.

No comments: