Can't Find It - Search Wendy's For A Specific Recipe Here

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe

I love home made asparagus soup and this recipe was one that my mum used to make for us. My dad loved it and I acquired the taste for it during my childhood and still love it as much today as I did then. It is super easy to make and once you have tried a home made asparagus soup, you will never buy it prepackaged again.

INGREDIENTS:

1 bunch fresh asparagus ( I use only australian)
2 x 340g cans of green asparagus spears
2 tablespoons water
1 brown onion - finely chopped
1 stick of celery - finely chopped
15g butter
1 cup good chicken stock
1 x 300ml carton cream

METHOD:

Place asparagus in microwave dish and and the water. Cook on high for about 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain off liquid and roughly chop.
In small frypan, place butter and melt on stove top. Add the onion and celery and saute until onions are transparent and soft. Transfer to a large saucepan.
Add the chicken stock and undrained cans of asparagus and bring to the boil then simmer for around 15 minutes.
Let cool down slightly then transfer to a blender and puree till smooth.
Return to saucepan and add the cream and chopped asparagus to the pureed soup.
Heat through and serve with some lovely crusty bread or dinner rolls.

No comments: