Can't Find It - Search Wendy's For A Specific Recipe Here

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni Recipe

This is another recipe given to me by my boss Michael. He brought this in to work one day for his lunch and it looked so good I asked him for the recipe. I was having someone coming for a sunday lunch and the husband was vegetarian so I thought that this would be great to serve up for the main course. I used my favouite pumpkin soup recipe, handed down by my mum and finished the meal off with my husbands favourite apple crumble dessert. The luncheon was a huge success and as all these recipes are on my webpage, you can use this for a great winter lunch or dinner party.

INGREDIENTS:

1 box of cannelloni shells
1 - 2 bunches english spinach
420g ricotta cheese
2 cloves crushed garlic (can use bottled)
3 egg yolks
3/4 cup tasty grated cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 x cans crushed tomatoes (I use organic)
2 teaspoons basil (I use the basil in a tube)
sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
extra 1/3 cup grated cheese
nutmeg

METHOD:

Preheat oven to 200C.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, egg yolks, 1/3 cup grated cheese, nutmeg and garlic and mix well. Add some salt to taste and mix all together.
Fill the dry cannelloni shells with mixture and set aside.
In a medium size saucepan, place oil, crushed tomatoes, basil, and some salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for approx 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Pour half the tomato sauce in a large ovenproof dish then place a layer of the filled cannelloni tubes on top of this.
Pour over the remaining sauce then sprinkle the other 3/4 cup of grated cheese over the top and bake for approx 30 minutes. Test with a skewer or fork and if needed give another 5 minutes.
Serve with a lovely fresh green tossed salad and some crusty italian or garlic bread.

No comments: