Can't Find It - Search Wendy's For A Specific Recipe Here

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cornflake Potato Recipe

This was given to me by a friend who lives in Seattle and says it is an american all time favourite recipe, especially if you want some "comfort food". I have to say, that after tasting this way of doing potatoes, I was hooked on it. I have to warn you that it is definitely not for people watching their weight and it is extremely moorish. My friend always serves this with fish or chicken but I think you could have it by itself on a cold winters night.

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 - 2 cups of corn flakes - lightly crushed
1/4 cup melted butter
1 bag of hashbrowns
1 small container of sour cream - can use light
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (or use cream of chicken for alternative)
1 tablespoon of packaged onion soup mix (not cup a soup)
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

METHOD:

Mix the hashbrowns, sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, onion soup and cheese together and place in a 9 x 12 dish. Pour the melted butter over the corn flakes and then sprinkle this on top of the hashbrown mixture. Bake for 1 hour at approx 180 - 200 C or until the hashbrowns are cooked.

No comments: