Can't Find It - Search Wendy's For A Specific Recipe Here

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Brown Sugar Pie

When I was in Chicago, a friend there made this absolutely yummy pie and told me it is a favourite there, especially in the southern states. It is just to die for and I persuaded her to give me the recipe so I could bring it home and try it here, to see if it was as good as I remembered. Well I have to say, it is certainly a beautiful pie and one you should make and be the judge of this for yourself. It is easy to make and your guests will keep coming back for more.

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 heaped tablespoons plain flour
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
125 g chocolate chips
1 prepared pastry pie shell

METHOD:

Preheat oven to 175 C (fan forced) or 180 C regular oven. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Mix on medium speed of an electric beater for approx 2 minutes. Add the chocolate chips and stir through. Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for about 35 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

No comments: