Can't Find It - Search Wendy's For A Specific Recipe Here

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Gingernut Bites

This recipe was one that was featured in a magazine and after making it, decided it was just too good to leave out of my favourites. I always make these at christmas time as they go great with my other favourite christmas recipes such as hedgehog cake and chocolate truffles. I always use butter in my recipes as it always turns out so much nicer than using other shortenings.

PREPARATION:
90 gms butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 cup nestles condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
250 gm pkt gingernut biscuits (crushed)
1 cup sultanas
1 cup coconut (approximately)

Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add golden syrup and condensed milk. Stir in vanilla essence, biscuits and sultanas over medium heat until well combined. Cool to room temperature. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into small balls and toss in coconut. Refrigerate until firm. Makes about 50 bites.

No comments: