Can't Find It - Search Wendy's For A Specific Recipe Here

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Golden Balls

This is another of my favourite recipes that comes from my mum. Looking back over the years I can remember mum making this for us when I was just a small child, so it has been going strong down through our family for many years. Whenever I decide to make this pudding, I can picture mum, standing over the old wood stove, making this for us and us all standing around wanting to get under her feet to help her.

PREPARATION:

1 cup SR flour
1 beaten egg
1 large tablespoon butter
milk

Rub the butter into the flour. Mix with the well beaten egg and enough milk to make a soft dough. Roll into small round dumpling about the size of a walnut shell.
Syrup:
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup
juice of 1 lemon
Mix all these together thoroughly and boil in a large saucepan on top of stove. Drop the dumplings into the boiling syrup and turn over often as they start to swell so they are cooked through. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or cream. If you want to be really decadent you may serve with both.

No comments: